The www.eltermere.co.uk website and its web pages (the “site”) are operated by The Eltermere Inn whose Registered Office and principal place of business is at The Eltermere Inn, Elterwater, Ambleside, Cumbria, LA22 9HY. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Adele Procter: email@example.com
The Eltermere Inn and it’s partners are jointly referred to in this Policy as “we”, “us” or “our”. For the purposes of this Policy, ‘you’ as contracting party and possible (other) user/end-user are jointly referred to in this Policy as “you” or “your”. The purpose of this Policy is to set out the purposes for which, and the manner in which, we may collect and use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any services provided by us on this Site and/or by using this Site generally you consent and agree to this use by us. We ask that you read this Policy carefully as it contains important information about what to expect when we collect personal information about you and how we will use your personal data.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
If you decide to submit data to The Eltermere Inn, for example, by completing a ‘contact us’ form or by contacting us through email, telephone or blog replies, we may use the information to add to a database in order that we can identify you as an individual and manage our relationship with you as a customer of The Eltermere Inn and update and improve the accuracy of our records. We also use that information as further described or referred to in this policy. We refer to any information that may identify you as an individual, such as your name and address, as personal data or personal information.
For example, we may collect the following personal information:
- age and date of birth
- contact information including email address
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services
- information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and meta data associated with the communication)
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us
We may use information that you provide to us or that is obtained by us:
- to register you with our Site and to manage any account you hold with us;
- to fulfill our agreement with you and to process your purchases and obtain payment;
- to analyse and profile your purchasing preferences e.g. (market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to:
- to administer Our Site services;
- to contact you specific regard to that which you have requested
- to provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using the Site; and
- to review, develop and improve the products and services which we offer and to enable us to provide and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme(s);
- to make decisions about you using computerised or automated technology, for example automatically selecting products and/or services which we think will interest you or from the information we have;
- to keep you informed of such products and services (including products and services , special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on) which we consider may be of interest to you by any of the following methods:
- Telephone (including automated calls);
- SMS text messages and other electronic messages such as picture messaging;
- Or otherwise.
Where required by law, The Eltermere Inn shall obtain your prior opt-in consent at the time of collection for the processing of:
- personal data for marketing purposes,
- personal data deemed sensitive pursuant to applicable law, or
- personal data to be used for other data processing activities for which your consent may be required.
For details on how to ask to be removed from our mailing list(s), please see below.
We may store and process your information on our own information technology systems or on systems owned by third parties that may store and process your information on our behalf.
If you obtain the Services provided by The Eltermere Inn on behalf of another person or make enquiries on their behalf, you will ensure that you obtain any Registered User’s express consent to provide their details to us and will bring this Policy to their attention before they commence using the Site.
1. Crime Prevention
In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other companies and to financial and other organisations involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way. Without limitation to the foregoing we may disclose any information and data relating to you to the police or any regulatory or government authority in response to any request including requests in connection with the investigation of any suspected illegal activities.
2. Disclosure of Your Information
We may give information about you to the following companies and organisations who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- to employees and agents of The Eltermere Inn located within or outside of the EEA and other approved third parties to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by The Eltermere Inn now or in the future;
- to agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs;
- to anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you;
- our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy;
- if we have a duty pursuant to the law to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and/or
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
3. IP Address
Your browser also generates other information, including which language the Site is displayed in, and Your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever You log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by Our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to Our Site. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with Our server, and to administer our Site. We do not use Your IP address to identify You personally.
We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure once it has been transferred to our systems. However, the internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
You have the right to know what personal data (as defined in The Data Protection Regulation 2018) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request to the address below and payment of a fee of £10. You also have the right to have any information we hold about you corrected if it is incorrect- if you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you may be incorrect, and you are unable to change it yourself as described below, please contact us at the address set out below.
Please be aware that our Site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our Site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked Websites.
6. Controlling your personal information
Whenever You are asked to fill in a form on the Website, use the check box to indicate your preferences and/or do not provide the relevant information (however, please note that if you do not provide all or correct information which we may request, we may not be able to provide you with the relevant quotation and/or services).
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
8. Embedded content from other websites
9. How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
10. What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
11. How can I get my name removed from your mailing list(s)?
If you want to be removed from our mailing list(s), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word ‘remove’ in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date
12. How do I change any details stored on the Eltermere Inn site?
To change any of your registered details, please contact email@example.com.
13. Contact us
14. Changes to policy