Front of House Manager
The ideal candidate will know what it means to deliver exceptional service, achieve consistently high standards and ensure customers are at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be a hands on manager leading by example to create and maintain a motivated and happy team.
You will play an integral part at the hotel ensuring our guests experience meets all expectations from the minute they arrive to the minute they leave. You will be responsible for all front of house and housekeeping staff, ensuring they are ready for service, aware of daily business activity and that communication is clear and consistent. This is a great opportunity to be part of a successful and growing business where you can develop your skills within an inclusive and professional environment.
We are looking for a flexible hands on Manager who works equally well on their own and as part of a team. You will be first contact for our guests and responsible for offering and demonstrating a high level and quality of customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities
Personnel Recruitment and Training
- Responsible for the recruitment of front of house team
- Oversee and manage induction, training and appraising of team
- Be responsible for accurate rota planning, based on forecast sales and wage budget
- Ensuring team are kept up to date on all new polices and standards
- Inspire and motivate the team towards the standards and values expected through effective and relevant training and guidance
- Organise the department to ensure established opening and closing procedures are adhered to
- Wait on tables, take food and drinks orders, prepare and serve drinks in the bar
- Process bookings for tables and accommodation
- Monitor and respond to our guest feedback in a timely manner
- Display a pro-active and leading role in terms of service, culture, development, team image, systems, procedures and skill development
- Oversee all aspects of guest services operations
- Anticipate and intervene in all incidents of guest dissatisfaction and attempt to satisfy all such guests, within hotel policy
Housekeeping, Maintenance Quality Assurance, Health & Safety
- Ensure proper safety of employees and guests in the maintenance of emergency and security procedures
- Ensure the department’s operation meets or exceeds required standards of food and beverage quality
- Carry out inspections of rooms and public areas to ensure quality standards are maintained
- Be fully conversant with the Company Handbook and supporting policies, including Health & Safety legislation, personal presentation and fire and emergency procedures
As front of house manager you will need to be flexible, have a hands-on approach, have fantastic inter-personal skills, be an excellent team player and have the ability to meet targets.
You will have:
- Proven Management experience
- Possess positive people management skills
- Be an excellent communicator
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A positive can do attitude at all times
- A high standard of personal presentation and grooming standards
You will be required to work up to 48 hours per week, on a shift pattern basis, which includes early starts, finishes and weekends. You will be working 5/7 days on a rota basis
Please click below to apply in writing along with your C.V.