Chef De Partie
The position of Chef de Partie for The Eltermere Inn requires the desire and ability to make a difference, a passion for food and solid organisational skills.
As Chef de Partie you will assist the Head Chef in managing the quality and standard of food, hygiene and day to day operation of the kitchen. You will be responsible for ensuring that standards are maintained for your section.
It is important to us that staff moral is high and we have a confident, highly motivated team and good working atmosphere in our kitchen.
You are will be expected to wear a full, clean uniform at the start of each shift
- Produce all necessary food for all food service operations as required as instructed by the Head Chef
- Maintain minimum stock levels of food for your section of the kitchen
- Maintain quality and quantity control standards in all aspects, from portion control to freshness and presentation of the product presented
- Ensure the kitchen and food service areas are cleaned to the agreed standard
- Cover sickness, and follow policies on absenteeism for the whole team
- Follow all Health & Safety Policies and Procedures and be COSSH
- Understand and comply with food hygiene regulations
- Ensure that all equipment is clean and in good working order
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene
- Ensure all house rules are adhered to in all departments at all times
- Be aware of and act in accordance with Fire Safety Procedures at all times
- Attend all statutory training as required by the company.
- Carry out any reasonable requests made by a member of the management
- Be honest, trustworthy, tolerant and punctual
- Be self-motivated and able to work without supervision
Health and Safety
Ensure that all potential and real Hazards are reported immediately
Be fully conversant with all departmental Fire, Emergency and Bomb procedures
To be fully conversant with:
- Hotel fire procedures
- Hotel and Company Security procedures
- Hotel Health and Safety policy and procedures
- Hotel standards of operation and departmental procedures
This document reflects the job content at time of writing and may be subject to periodic change in the light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly.